21 Insightful Vishen Lakhiani Quotes on the Power of the Mind
Vishen Lakhiani is an entrepreneur, speaker, and has done remarkable work with his innovative education technology company Mindvalley which focuses on personal development tools such as visualization and mindfulness to accelerate and enhance learning.
He is a true visionary and admits that he used visualization to achieve his goals at a very fast rate. From being in a dead-end sales job to being a spiritual entrepreneur of sorts, he has changed the way we look at personal growth.
Here are the 21 Insightful Vishen Lakhiani quotes on the power of the mind.
1. Epic things start with small humble steps. Pay respect to your beginnings. And if you’re just starting out, know that it’s ok to be sucky. To be small. To be messy and chaotic. Just make sure to never stop dreaming. – Vishen Lakhiani
No matter how big your dreams are, you need to start from the first step. Whatever your dream, take the smallest step right now, instead of overthinking and getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
2. Hack your past with forgiveness. Hack your present with mindfulness. And hack your future with ‘I AM ENOUGH’.
Let go of everything that has happened telling yourself that you are just human, so you forgive yourself. Pay attention to the now and feel grateful and content in who you are to create a good future.
3. The most extraordinary people in the world today don’t have a career. They have a mission. – Vishen Lakhiani
The most extraordinary people in this world don’t work for money, they work for something greater than themselves.
4. Gratitude is the key to happiness. When gratitude is practiced regularly and from the heart, it leads to a richer, fuller and more complete life. – Vishen Lakhiani
Gratitude brings joy, not the other way around. So feel happy for every little thing in your life.
5. People tend to live up to what you expect of them. – Vishen Lakhiani
We tend to perform to the standards expected by our social circle. If you want to achieve big, start spending time with big achievers.
6. We’ve progressed as human beings in terms of our physical evolution, but not so much in terms of our mental progression – our mental evolution.
We have changed the physical landscape in terms of big buildings, technology, transportation, superfast cars and so on. But what we haven’t mastered is our own minds.
7. When you train yourself to not just think about the future, but to also celebrate where you came from – to think about where you were two years ago and pay attention to that gap – that’s when you’re able to create happiness in the now.
Look back to see how far you have reached. Feel how much you’ve grown, learned, evolved, and the memories you’ve made with the people you love.
8. The idea that you need to set realistic goals is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever encountered. And it holds so many people back.
If the inventors of telephone, airplane, internet, and computer believed in being realistic, then we wouldn’t have all of these amazing things in the world.
9. I’m a big believer in crafting your own philosophy in the world based on your experiences and based on how you want the world to work. I don’t believe in blindly accepting ideas or philosophies from generations past.
It’s good to question everything if you want to welcome new possibility. Believing the old will never give you good results.
10. Most human beings underestimate just how powerful their thoughts are in creating the world around them.
You have to believe positive thoughts because they are the lead to actions. And you are literally defined by what you do, so it’s important to take control of your mind, your emotions.
11. We are all connected and therefore should seek understanding with each other.
We are all one and come from the same source. And our job is to leave the world better than it was when we came here.
12. Outside the rules of physics, outside the rules of law, all other rules are meant to be challenged.
Physics gives us some ground rules for thinking. And law tells us the difference between right and wrong. But apart from that, we have the free will to create life on our own terms.
13. You don’t have to save the world. Just don’t make it a worse place for the next generation.
Don’t burden yourself with changing the world. Do your bit. Preserving what is good in the world is also important.
14. Money is neither good nor bad. Money simply multiplies who you are. If you’re a good person, money multiplies that. If you’re a bad person, money multiplies that.
Money is the fuel that you use to manifest what’s in your heart.
15. Friendships and social connections are what lead to the greatest elevation of happiness. Start setting goals for friendships.
To know that someone sees the world in the same way as you do is the most beautiful thing in the world.
16. Stress, anxiety, boredom, confidence, excitement, engagement are all contagious.
Be wary of whom you spend your time with. And lift others with your enthusiasm for life.
17. If there’s something I don’t like about anything, I do not bitch about it, I change it.
Being negative does nothing good except attract more negativity. Instead of complaining, take a small step to change your circumstance.
18. This is the only life you’ll ever live. Don’t waste it pursuing other people’s expectations of you. Make a bucket list of everything you want to experience. And start crossing off things like this is your last year on earth.
This is your one shot at life. Ask yourself, “What would I do if this was the last year of my life?” Because hey, tomorrow’s not promised.
19. Don’t attach your happiness to your goals. Be happy before you attain them. You’ll find attaining them much easier when you make the journey and not the destination the key to your happiness.
The most fulfilled people in the world are those who love what they do. For example, Matthew McConaughey says that he focused on finding joy in his acting, in every moment instead for accolades. And that’s when he got more accolades and recognition than ever.
20. Intuition comes from your heart which gives you answers from your true self.
Intuition is the highest intelligence known to man. It brings enormous insights and innovations that even the biggest supercomputer in the world isn’t capable of manifesting. Remember that intuition made technology, not the other way around.
21. Happiness may come from gaining things. But true fulfilment comes from giving things. Give, contribute, share. You become happy when you make others happy.
Give. Be of service. It’s the ultimate purpose we all share in common. To help others and improve their lives.