20 Sadhguru Quotes to Help You Discover Your Inner Power
Sadhguru is a great mystic and spiritual teacher. His organization, Isha Foundation, helps people find wellbeing in their lives through powerful yoga practices.
If you watch a couple of his YouTube videos and you’ll immediately notice his no-nonsense way of answering spiritual questions.
He believes that just as there’s enough technology in the world to provide comfort to people, there’s an inner technology, through the way of yoga, with which people can find well-being and bliss inside themselves.
According to him, once this inner engineering is done on yourself, then bliss comes to you naturally, no matter your external circumstances.
Here are 20 powerful Sadhguru quotes to help you on your spiritual journey.
1. Too many people are hungry not because there is dearth of food. It is because there is dearth of love and care in human hearts.
Lack of food in the world comes from lack of compassion. No matter how much we achieve in this materialistic world, it’s important to embody the very traits that make us human – empathy and love.
2. The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.
Many of us are finding happiness, by seeking something or some ‘experience’ that’ll make us happy. Joy always seems to exist in the future. But if we look closely, we’ll find that there are somethings that make us joyful naturally. We don’t have to buy an expensive car or visit an exotic tourist destination. Joy is here.
3. Don’t be dead serious about your life – it’s just a play.
Being too serious in life never fixes the things that we keep worrying about. What we need instead, is a still mind that finds joy in the little things.
4. If you choose, you can be joyful every moment of your life. It’s time you made your choice.
We are in complete control of our lives. So it’s important that we create a life of joy and wonder instead of sabotaging ourselves and being miserable.
5. Your thoughts and emotions may keep you fully engaged right now, but they are just small offshoots of life – they are not life itself.
Many of us identify too much with our thoughts and emotions. Thoughts and emotions are like clouds in the sky. They come and go. The real life of the sky is the sun, moon, and the stars. We shouldn’t worry about the clouds, we should be happy for the stars.
6. Once your life is your expression of blissfulness, you will not be in conflict with anyone. – Sadhguru Quotes
Outer conflicts arise only because of inner conflicts. When you are living your truths, you feel blissful, and there is no conflict.
7. To live and operate in the world, you may have to identify with something. Play with your identifications, don’t let them rule you.
As stated earlier, you shouldn’t identify with your thoughts or the standards people set. Instead, have the courage to face your truth and follow your heart.
8. The mind is a powerful instrument. Every thought, every emotion that you create changes the very chemistry of your body.
The mind is a powerful tool only some people truly understand. For example, ask it a simple question, “How can I bring more happiness to my life” and it will give you dozens of answers just like that. The trick is to focus on the good, most people focus on their problems.
9. Incredible things can be done simply if we are committed to making them happen.
Where focus goes, energy flows. Anything can change if we simply invest enough attention to it.
10. A snake knows more about what is happening around than any other creature, because it has no ears to listen to gossip, only direct perception. – Sadhguru Quotes
What Sadhguru means here is that our perception about life is clouded by social conditioning, the gossip we consume from television, newspaper or our own social circle.
11. Frustration, discouragement, and depression mean that you are working against yourself.
Depression or frustration occur not because of external things, but when we are unable to do the right things.
12. No work is stressful. It is your inability to manage your body, mind, and emotions that makes it stressful.
Stress doesn’t come from work, it comes from the threshold you have for directing your energy, your focus.
13. The mind remembers only certain things. The body remembers everything. The information it carries goes back to the beginning of existence. – Sadhguru Quotes
Our body can store memories of a loved one’s touch or how they would make us feel. But it remembers a lot beyond that, what the brain could never understand.
14. People try to create an outwardly perfect life, but the quality of life is based on the inward.
People try to accumulate things, experiences, or people to create a joyful life. Peace and joy come stem from within, not without.
15. Negative energies can’t touch you if you are in a state of meditation.
If your energies are anchored in your own spirit, your own being, there’s no external influence that can deter you.
16. Your thoughts and emotions are the drama that you create in your mind. You must be able to end it somewhere.
It’s funny how we learn to operate small machines like smartphone or television, that carry little significance. But we never learn how to control our own energies, which determine the quality of our life in every moment.
17. A human being is like a seed. Either you can keep it as it is, or you can make it grow into a wonderful tree with flowers and fruits. – Sadhguru Quotes
Joy comes from growth, from realizing your truths and then expressing them creatively in the universe.
18. By going to the temple, mosque, or church, you do not become spiritual. You become spiritual only by turning inward.
We have to give enough time to our body, mind, and vital energies (your brain isn’t the only mind) to study their nature and take control of them. Until we know their true nature, how can we ever work with them?
19. Are you here to experience life or to think about it?
Many people overthink everything, whether to call an old friend, whether to go out on the weekend, and whether to take up a yoga class. Overthinking takes you away from the heart and keeps you frozen inside the thinking mind. Don’t think, just be.
20. When you absolutely throw yourself into your activity, your energy will only grow.
There are many books written on ‘flow’ – a mental state where we are completely engrossed into the task at hand and lose all sense of time. Flow is important to feel alive and blissful.
Activities such as sports, music, and reading are ‘flow’ activities. People who live for the thrill by doing risky stunts are just in love with the flow.
The lesson here is that, if we throw ourselves into our activities instead of doing them half-heartedly, joy will come naturally.