Pain in life is guaranteed. Suffering on the other hand is optional.
When we experience pain – we feel wronged, hard done by – cheated. And so to ensure it doesn’t happen again, we create a story about the pain.. What happened to us, and how it affected our lives..
When we carry these stories around with us we hold onto anger, fear and blame. They become like painful heavy bricks that weigh down our hearts and stop us from growing.
We convince ourselves that if we were to let go of our story, we would be vulnerable to the pain happening again. So we clench tightly, convinced of their necessity.
But this is a mistake..
In order to heal from our pain, we must learn to forgive.
Only then can we be free.
9 Powerful Quotes On Forgiveness To Help You Release The Pain Of The Past
1. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King Jr.
Holding onto anger, resentment, blame and hatred over what happened does not serve you.. Love instead.
Love yourself enough to let it go.
2. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi
You are strong enough to do this. You deserve more, than to live your life in the continued suffering of past hurts.
3. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.” Oprah Winfrey | Quotes on Forgiveness
The lessons you learnt through this pain are INVALUABLE. No one will ever take them from you. Speak silently into the heart of the person who hurt you.
Thank them and let them go.
4. Resentment is like drinking poison and hoping it will kill your enemies. Nelson Mandela
You will not be able to flourish if you continue to be validated for your pain.
The resentment you feel is only hurting you, no one else.
5. To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it. Confucius | Quotes on Forgiveness
You and you alone have the power to release the bind.
Stop playing the story of the past. Write a new one.
A beautiful story.
6. Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals. Thomas S. Manson
Close the wounds, let them heal.
Take care of yourself and rest, then find your courage.
7. The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. Marianne Williamson
When you forgive, you not only change your own life.
You raise the collective consciousness higher into love.
8. To err is human; to forgive, divine. Alexander Pope | Quotes on Forgiveness
Humans make mistakes. Have you not made errors in your time here? Forgive yourself too.
9. When you forgive, you in no way change the past—but you sure do change the future. Bernard Meltzer
To forgive is to take a step towards joy, love and a life that truly reflects the beauty you have within you.
Don’t waste another moment of joy being in anger.
Forgiveness is not easy, especially when the pain is deep. But when you find the courage to heal yourself in this way, you begin a whole new life. And the best part is, it only takes a moment.
How about you try it, right now?