20 Empowering Quotes on Faith To Help You Keep Moving Forward
Faith is the key to a happy and fulfilling life.
You can be rich and talented, but if you don’t have faith in yourself, in the beauty of life, every day will feel like a struggle.
So how to develop faith? If you don’t believe in God, tune into your heart and see how life has surprised you before with gifts you hadn’t expected. And if you believe in God, study your religious text and see how it resonates with you.
Express love towards people more often and forgive and forget the hatred of the past. Once you open your heart to faith, you’ll understand its true meaning.
Here are 20 empowering quotes on faith to help you keep moving forward:
1. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Faith is about believing that things will work out in the end. It doesn’t require reason or proof, faith simply exists. This is one of the most powerful quotes on faith.
2. Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. – Rabindranath Tagore
When difficulties arise, we should trust that they’ll only lead to a better life in the end.
3. It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. – Muhammad Ali
We shy away from challenges because we don’t believe in our abilities. Once you have faith in yourself, nothing can stop you.
4. I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. – Joel Osteen
We often become complacent and pessimistic when we’re stuck in a negative situation. But we don’t see that after every dark night comes a bright day.
5. The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith. – Billy Graham
Money is a tool to accomplish things. It’s our character and our faith that helps us accomplish great things. Once we have faith in ourselves, money can be easily manifested in life.
6. To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float. Alan Watts
Faith is about letting go to the flow of life. You don’t need to question every life decision every day. Trust your intuition, trust that a higher power is with you.
7. Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. Khalil Gibran
The mind creates doubt and the heart creates faith. We need to silence the noise of our minds to be able to experience and live with faith. This is one of the best quotes on faith.
8. Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. Helen Keller
Mahatma Gandhi freed the entire Indian nation with the power of nonviolence. It happened due to his faith in nonviolence and in himself. A shattered country emerged into the light.
9. FAITH is sitting in the middle of the STORM OF YOUR LIFE and still being able to close your eyes and PICTURE THE SUNNY SKIES
STILL being able to FEEL THE BETTER days coming, despite the storm all around you. THAT’S FAITH! – Fearless Motivation
Everyone falls down, makes mistakes, and faces tough obstacles in life. What matters is whether we keep our faith not only during the happy times but also during the tough times. Keep believing. Keep picturing it will happen, and it WILL happen.
10. Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof. Khalil Gibran
Faith doesn’t need any reason to trust. Nor should you to trust in yourself. This is one of the greatest quotes on faith.
11. Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them. — Elisabeth Elliot
The mind will always bombard you with questions when you try to believe in yourself. But it is the light of faith that illuminates the truth that we should keep moving forward.
12. Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He’s doing. —Barbara Cameron
If you believe in a higher power or God, then there’s no point in worrying. The higher power is taking care of you at each moment.
13. Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths. —Charles H. Spurgeon
Worrying doesn’t help the things we worry about. It only makes today worse, makes us fearful in the now and sucks our energy. This is the most intelligent quotes on faith.
14. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. Steve Jobs
Life tests each one of us. Some have to go through cancer, others have to struggle with their career. Wisdom lies in knowing that the human spirit is indestructible. So take all the blows in your stride and keep moving forward with confidence.
15.In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t. Blaise Pascal
Evidence often comes after the choice. If we choose to believe in the good in life, we’ll see how people help each other in tough times. And if we choose to believe in evil, we’ll see terrorists destroying the world. It’s all a matter of choice. Choose to have faith.
16. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. Voltaire
The mind will create fear and ask you to justify your faith. But faith is based on an intuitive knowledge that comes from the heart.
Faith is not some mumbo-jumbo, it is a scientific thing. The HeartMath institute has proven with research that the heart intelligence is superior to our mental intelligence because it is based on interconnectedness, love, stillness, and a coherent state of mind .
17. My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace. – Denzel Washington
What is happening inside doesn’t matter. What matters is how you respond to those circumstances. When you are the centered on the inside, external circumstances can’t shake you.
18. God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
We are here to use our creativity to change the world for the better. When we get in touch with the higher power that exists within every human being, we can tap into our creative powers.
19. There are many talented people who haven’t fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious and were unwilling to make the leap of faith. James Cameron
Many people want to be singers, filmmakers, writers etc. But they don’t follow their hearts because of fear of failure which comes from the mind. If we take the leap of faith, we will find that the fear was just an illusion.
20. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi
It’s true that the world is suffering due to terrorism, global warming, and ignorant politicians. But there’s art, movies, delicious food, opportunity to travel, love, joy in life too. Don’t lose faith.
21. The more in harmony with yourself you are, the more joyful you are and the more faithful you are. Faith is not to disconnect you from reality – it connects you to reality. Paulo Coelho
Overthinking disconnects you from reality. Don’t think, just be. Live inside your heart and be playful and spontaneous in life.