17 Empowering Quotes on Dreams: See It Before You Have It
Dreams can be elusive. Everyone dreams of great things in their life, but not everyone realizes their dreams in reality. This is because some people believe that success stories are made out of luck and talent, rather than belief and hard work.
What most people fail to realize is that everyone is talented in some way, everyone has the ability to make someone else’s life better and their own in the process.
Here are 17 quotes on dreams to make you realize your own greatness.
1. You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not? – George Bernard Shaw
There are many great things that wouldn’t exist without dreams. Think of music, telephone, internet, virtual reality, airplanes, and so on. Dreams are literally the fabric from which reality is made.
2. Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. – Ashley Smith
People who know the beauty of dreams notice it in every little thing around them. This is one of the most remarkable quotes on dreams.
3. There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other. – Douglas H. Everett
Will Smith says that successful people have this “delusional” quality. They believe in their dreams to the point where others would call them crazy or delusional. Believe in your dreams and turn them into reality.
4. A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. – Oscar Wilde
A dreamer doesn’t succumb to the voices of the society. He doesn’t let others dictate how to live their life. And that also makes them appear distant or isolated to others. Just like Sherlock Holmes, curiosity is their biggest curse.
5. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. – Samuel Beckett
Never ever lose your spirit after you experience a setback. Setbacks or failures are more important than success because they lead us to our most creative potential. This is among the most powerful quotes on dreams.
6. A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. – John Barrymore
Age doesn’t stop people from living a life full of excitement and wonder. What stops people is when they stop believing in their dreams.
7. The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you. – Tom Bradley
Your childhood, education, network, parents, or any external source can never stop you from accomplishing things. You are the master of your fate, you are the captain of your soul.
8. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
To succeed in life, you need to focus on what you want. People keep talking about their problems and wonder why they experience even more problems. Focus on your dreams. Ask yourself, “What experience or events in life can happen next to make me feel abundant and supported?”
9. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
We are made of stardust, living a human experience. There is a rich inner world within you that is more profound, potent, and fertile than your reality. Don’t underestimate its power. Use your creativity and you’ll know how powerful it is.
10. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
It’s very important to not get attached to the outcome. The more your dreams can ground you in the present, so that you are creating something while enjoying it, the more the chances that you will not give up.
11. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. —Theodore Roosevelt
Always keep dreaming, but there’s no achieving if you just dream. You also have to work hard.
12. You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. —Babe Ruth
People with perseverance have an inner knowing that propels them towards their dream. And the way to cultivate perseverance is to chase the dreams that stir your soul. If you chase something you don’t want, you’ll self-sabotage and be lazy.
13. Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless. — Kevin Ngo
Ignore the people who don’t believe in you. They are just projecting their own lack of self-confidence on you.
14. I have had dreams, and I’ve had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams. – Jonas Salk
Many people go through dark times and use their creativity to come out of them. For example, J.L. Rowling had no money, no food, and had to raise her daughter. Amidst all this turmoil, her creativity became her source of pleasure and later made her enormously successful.
15. The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. – Albert Ellis
Take full responsibility for your life. After that you’ll be free because there are no external person who is limiting you. This is one of the most powerful quotes on dreams.
16. There will be obstacles, there will be doubters. there will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps
Hard work is the only thing you need to achieve your dreams. It will burn all barriers you encounter along the way.
17. To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself. – Soren Kierkegaard
Sometimes chasing your dreams will require that you step out of your comfort zone. In such times, remember that living in your comfort zone for a long time is far more dangerous and uncomfortable. This is one of the best quotes on dreams.