20 Laozi Quotes On Life That Have The Power To Change You
Greatness is not something rare. Each one of us has the ability to change others for the better. Some are good at making others laugh while others are innovators who translate the unreal to real.
Here are the best Lao Tzu quotes on life to find your greatness.
1. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
When darkness enters our lives, it comes with a purpose. As after every dark night, there is a brighter day. Similarly, when we face our darkness, become one with it; we learn how to move forward. Darkness is the best teacher you’ll ever meet. For it belongs to you.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Whether you want to win in the Olympics or start a multimillion dollar business, you need to take the first step – write down your plan of action. Every great person takes this small step. And small steps over time bring breakthroughs in life.
3. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
We create a ‘me-story’ in our heads. It says “I am this, I can do that, I cannot do that. This makes me look stupid” Only when we learn to let go will we experience the bliss of life. Only then our attention will be freed to focus on the essential.
4. Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
When you’re chasing a goal, it’s best not to rush into it. Rushing towards something makes you unstable and agitated inside. Instead, keep your balance by working hard but also taking proper rest.
5. If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place. – Laozi Quotes
Most people live with the false belief that their life circumstances need to fall into place BEFORE they can be happy, content or at peace. In reality the opposite is true: When you “correct your mind” through working on yourself, through gratitude, meditation and inspired learning – THEN everything in your life will fall into place.
6. Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. – Laozi Quotes
People engage in gossip every now and then. We should stop focusing on how others are living and instead focus on ourselves. Only by doing this can we create a fulfilling life.
7. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
When we love others, we reaffirm their faith in life. And to love someone deeply, we must learn to be vulnerable ourselves and let it go. And doing this gives us enormous courage.
8. Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to’. – Laozi Quotes
People often say that they don’t have time. But the truth is we create time and don’t find time. If your loved one were to die tomorrow, will you find the time or create it? It’s all about priorities.
9. The best fighter is never angry. – Laozi Quotes
If you are facing challenges in life, being panicky, angry or frustrated has no value whatsoever. It’s better to channelize this energy of anger to strategize and take action. This is one of the best Lao Tzu quotes on life.
10. Do you have the patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself?’ – Laozi Quotes
When we feel down in the dumps, we should take a step back till we see clearly what lies ahead of us. We must we willing to live with the chaos for it to end. This shows how important patience is. That’s why we read Lao Tzu quotes on life.
11. All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. Humility gives it its power.
We must be humble even when we are living as large as the mighty ocean. We must learn to appreciate the beauty in others.
12. In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it.
Water is a soft substance. Yet it can penetrate through the hardest mountains. Be like water – formless and shapeless. Flow like water. Don’t get stuck in the stories of your ego.
13. Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.
Knowledge is essential to move forward. But with action, it is useless. Applied knowledge changes your reality, gives you feedback and teaches you the right lessons. Change never comes without action. So don’t just read these Lao Tzu quotes on life, do something as well.
14. To a mind that is still the whole universe surrenders.
The more you are dependent on external things for fulfillment in life, the more things can upset you. Similarly, if people hurt you often, examine the hole inside you that you’re trying to fill with people.
15. Silence is a source of great strength.
Silence is golden if you stay with it and listen to it. In silence, you replenish your energy, gain insight, cleanse your emotions and attain self-awareness.
What Is Life About – Inspirational Speech on iTunes | Google Play or Amazon MP3
16. There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent. – Lao Tzu Quotes On Life
People are prone to attack when they underestimate the potential of their own demons. Respect them, learn from them and only then you will be able to destroy them.
17. Those who flow as life flows know they need no other force.
There is a rhythm in every form of creation. Days and nights, the changing seasons and even the large planets – all follow a certain rhythm. Find this rhythm within you, for you are made of the same stardust.
18. At the center of your being, you have the answer. You know who you are and you know what you want.
Don’t look for answers outside. Listen to your own heart and understand your own story. Everything that you see outside is a manifestation of what you’ve planted inside.
19. Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear.
Success is dangerous because it makes people ignorant. Only failure can teach us valuable lessons and bring positive change. Similarly, hope is based on wishful thinking. It is better to rely on faith, which shows that you trust your own heart.
20. A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
Life is like a dance, and the purpose of dance is dance itself. So don’t live life fixating your mind in the future and creating apprehensions about what may or may not happen.
So which quote did you like the most? Let us know in the comments.