17 Inspirational Love Quotes to Restore Your Faith in Life
All we need is love. Then why so many of us are lost in this world, with no love? The inspirational love quotes that follow will help you uncover your truth.
In relationships with others and with ourselves, sometimes we judge too much and love too little. It’s a common mistake. Only when we fall flat on our face after judging do we realize that love is the only real thing and all judgment is a creation of the false ego.
We hope you don’t get caught in the multiplex of the ego, where the story is, “you’ll never be enough”.
Here are the 17 most inspirational quotes on love to restore your faith in life and free you from the cacophony of the ego.
1. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. – Mother Teresa
We all go through hard times. Wisdom lies in knowing that the dark side exists in everyone of us. And if we own the part of us that’s hurting, if we love it enough, soon after there will be no more hurt, only love.
2. Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself. – Oprah Winfrey
Many people try to do things to impress others. Don’t let your loneliness become the reason that you change yourself for others.
3. Sexiness is a state of mind – a comfortable state of being. It’s about loving yourself in your most unlovable moments. Halle Berry
It’s a fact that the secret to attraction is self-love. Look at the big actors, Leonardo DiCaprio or Meryl Streep, people love them because they love themselves enough to show themselves to the world. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes ever.
4. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr.
Have you ever seen two people involved in a fiery argument? What happens after? They don’t come to a solution and just become angry. Darkness can never resolve darkness. Only when it is exposed by light, it loses its power.
5. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.– Lao Tzu
People become obsessed with each other in love. It’s because it stimulates their thoughts, emotions, and senses at the same time. It’s the strongest force in the world. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes.
6. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. – Marilyn Monroe
Everyone has insecurities and goes through a dark phase in life. But if someone isn’t by your side when you need them, they sure as hell don’t deserve your company when you’re soaring high in the skies.
7. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.– Sylvester Stallone
Loyalty is to love what a ring is to marriage. If you have loyal people in your life, there’s nothing out there that can break you. Circumstances will go haywire, but love from loyal people will ground you and make you believe again that life is worth it.
8. Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.– Hemingway
It’s better to experience how love can change you as a person and then lose it, than to never have the experience. Even after you lose it, you realize its true value and can become strong again. Among all inspirational quotes on love, this one really stands out.
9. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu
Knowing that someone wants you in their life will give you strength. But it loving someone else will give you courage. Because when you love others, you affirm your faith in life.
10. Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. — James Baldwin
When someone loves you enough, they pierce through the layers of your being that you have built just to survive from the judgment of others. It shakes you open, tears apart your ego, and shows a part of you that you never discovered.
11. The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. — Gilbert K. Chesterton
Everything is temporary including you. That is how we get our purpose and meaning in life. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes you’ll ever come across.
12. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. — Lucille Ball
When you love yourself enough, you believe in yourself, and things seem to naturally come your way.
13. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. — Rumi
Examine what is stopping you from seeking love. Then take consistent action to break through this barrier. What a great inspirational love quote!
14. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. — Plato
There is no heart in this world that doesn’t want to be loved. Love is what melts the toughest of hearts in this world.
15. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. — Helen Keller
Our fast-paced lifestyles have had us live in the mind. The next deadline, the next paycheck, the next appointment, the next bill – there’s no living in the now. Pause for a moment, bring your awareness to your body and ask yourself, “how am I feeling?”
16. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. — Oprah Winfrey
We need people who support us through every thick and thin. If someone loves you for your money, do they really love you? Among all inspirational love quotes, this one shines the brightest.
17. The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives? When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see in truth that you are weeping for that which has been your delight. — Kahlil Gibran
The darkness defines the light. If there were no sorrow, people would not value the goodness in life. We celebrate because we know the moments to celebrate won’t last forever. This is one of the most inspirational love quotes ever.