20 Friendship Quotes To Show You How It Makes Life Beautiful
It’s hard to imagine a life without friendship. It’s like living without love, it simply isn’t possible.
Friends are the ones who become a part of our celebration when we rise in life. And they’re the ones who become our support system when we fall and go through tough times.
It is in friendship that we make our best memories. The amazing conversations about the weirdest of subjects, the trips filled with craziness and wonder, the times when they support you in your bad times, listen to you, and accept the parts of you that you couldn’t accept yourself – these things make friendship one of the most beautiful things in life.
On that note, here are 20 friendship quotes that will remind you how beautiful friendship is.
1. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
True friends understand the real meaning behind our words, they know how we feel. What a better friend than the one who understands your silence!
2. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus, Friendship Quotes
A true friend never tries to prove that they are better off or worse off. Friendship is born when differences exist but comparison doesn’t.
3. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson Gentry
Comfortable silences show that we can truly be ourselves in front of our friends. It’s far better than putting a mask on and saying something just to please someone.
4. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” – Oscar Wilde, Friendship Quotes
Beware of people who support you when you’re down, but show their backs when you rise in life. It is because they don’t want to see you rise and grow.
5. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” – Plutarch
A friend who’s just your mirror image wouldn’t challenge you in any way. We need friends who fill the gaps in your soul because they bring a new energy in your life and shake you up when you’re telling yourself lies.
6. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis
Friendship is sharing the parts of your soul you cannot share with others. They not only adore your quirks but also share them and give you a sense of belonging like no one else.
7. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” – Socrates, Friendship Quotes
Be slow when you make friends because everyone shows their best selves in the beginning. But when you’ve gone a long way into a friendship, make sure you nourish it with your heart and soul.
8. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
Everyone wants the limo ride because it’s what they also dream of. But few will ever join you when the limo breaks down and those are the ones you should keep.
9. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
An evil friend will pretend to support you till they’re getting what they want in return. But they will break your trust when they’ve gotten with it and it’s you who need their support.
10. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
The best lessons in life aren’t taught in school. And friendship is one of them and teaches us to love, live, and enjoy life in the present moment.
11. “There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Your vibe attracts your tribe. Just be yourself and you will attract the right people in your life.
12. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
True friends may develop new branches, new facets, as they grow. But their roots always remain tangled – they always cherish the memories of friendship that helped them find joy in their lives.
13. “A friendship that can end never really began.” – Publilius Syrus , Friendship Quotes
True friendships last a lifetime, others just come as lessons you were meant to learn in this life.
14. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
A person helps you find your voice and grow into the person you want to be.
15. “In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.” – John Churton Collins
When we are happy, we celebrate with the people we love and others know that we’re not their friends. When we are down and sad, real friends come to help us stand on our feet and we know that others were just pretending all along.
16. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
Don’t just like pictures on Facebook or comment to tell your friends how good they look. Have real conversations with them, show genuine interest. A friendship without substance doesn’t last long.
17. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy, Friendship Quotes
Real friends help you be yourself, be natural. You don’t need to please them to be accepted, you can just be.
18. “Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstones, Speak them rather now instead.” – Anna Cummins
Unfortunately, most people never express the love they have for others until they’re gone. Realize that every good thing comes to an end. So express your love now or the other person may never know how you really felt about them.
19. “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” – Baltasar Gracian
One true friend is better than thirty fake ones. Actively invest yourself in friendship because without it, life becomes dry and loses meaning.
20. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elizabeth Foley
True friends give each other enough space to live and grow. And the distance only makes their bond grow stronger as they always come back to connect to their roots.